Tuesday 11 April 2017

Dear Woman, You're a Queen👑

Have you ever looked at yourself in the mirror and scored how you look below average? Such moments when a closer look reveals your insecurities and flaws! If you have, that makes two.
There was a time in my life when I questioned how I looked and this was based on other people's opinion of me. I kept on asking myself these questions;
- I'm I beautiful?
- I'm I sexy?
- I’m I smart and Intelligent enough?
- Have I found my purpose?
- Do I have what it takes to be a queen?
These questions gave room for low self esteem to creep in. According to Urban dictionary, it defines low self esteem as; 

''...feeling unworthy, incapable and incompetent.''

I knew I had to do something and get rid of the feeling of not being worthy and competent enough for anything good to come my way, I knew I had to fight the spirit of low self esteem. I also knew I wasn't seeing myself as a result of God's divine creation. While I was struggling with how to get rid of this feeling, the Holy Spirit directed me to some scriptures;


However, you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, people who belong to God. You were chosen to tell about the excellent qualities of God, who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light. - 1 Peter 2:9; 

“I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Your works are wonderful, I know that full well.” - Psalm 139:14

After reading the scriptures above, I started taking comfort in knowing that God created me the way I am for a reason and I don't have to feel undue pressure to be like other people because I was uniquely made. It’s surprising how some close friends I told how I felt were shocked, they couldn't understand how a beautiful, hardworking, intelligent and smart girl would see herself as not being beautiful and competent enough. 

I'm so glad I got over the feeling because I realized it was from the devil and not godly. He sends negative thoughts into our head to make us question the wonders of God and if these thoughts are not handled properly, it leads to depression. It is a selfish thought because the bible says we are beautifully and wonderfully made. One way i got over it was by giving thanks to God and honouring Him for the body and life He has given me. 

Have you struggled with the way the Lord made you in some way? Maybe you have physical traits that you feel are not as pretty as another person’s. It could be that your mental capacity is not as high as people you go to school or work with. You need to remember that God made you in a special way and because of that you should be full of awe and respect for the body or mind He has given you. 

This quote by Marianne Williamson is the truth and I will love you to take your time and read it over and over again.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

Don't let anyone make you feel less of yourself, you’re a queen. I will end with this;

“Dear Woman,
Sometimes you’ll just be too much woman.
Too smart,
Too beautiful,
Too strong.
Too much of something that makes a man feel like less of a man,
Which will make you feel like you have to be less of a woman.
The biggest mistake you can make
is removing jewels from your crown
To make it easier for a man to carry.
When this happens, I need you to understand
you do not need a smaller crown—
you need a man with bigger hands.” 
                           -Michael Reid


1 comment:

Juliet said...

Thank you for this write up. I have been feeling down due to the fact that i dont have straight legs. But this write up has made me smile and happy with how God created me.

...With Every Click Online, You Make Money Not For Yourself But For?

This is a lovely piece from Professor Isa and i find it very interesting and eye opening. Read below; "My Dear Nigerian Youths&qu...