Sunday 14 February 2016

If Love Were An Orphan, Will You Choose It?, By Ifeoma Samuel

I love good write up. Saw this article online and decided to share with you. Read below; 

 
Like every other Sunday service, I walked in and took my seat on the side of the pew. Not long after, I couldn’t help but notice the swarm of kids hovering around the place like droves of birds.
All over, running, whispering and holding each other as they approached the altar.
Tears welled up my eyes as I struggled to pull myself together.
So what’s the big deal about this scene?
They were no ordinary kids, they were all orphans. I saw something that kicked my thoughts as I watched them closely.
As funny as life goes, what makes a huge difference is not fancy shoes, gorgeously decorated dresses or sweet perfumeries, cool pleasantries, sophisticated homes or whatever tickles our fairy tale imagination.
What makes real difference is Love.
In the eyes of these orphans, I saw smiles, joyful hearts. In the euphoria of the moment, I found peace completely quietening my heart. That day I chose love over my endless needs.
Shrugging my shoulders in awe as their tender hearts echoed five lessons:

. To love and to be love is a priceless gift. It doesn’t matter who gives it, it is a blessing to be the one who is loved and a privilege to offer it in return.
Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. – 1 John 3:16
celebrating with the orphans


. We find pure love in the most unexpected places. Through the eyes of the little orphan sitting across the pew at church, through the stranger next to our seat at the bus station etc. we find a flicker of hope that burns brightly whether it is in the love for life or joy for life or joy for love, there is hope.

. You can never buy love or joy. The scenery I described remains undisturbed in my mind. It succeeded in tumbling the border walls of my heart. My sweet little friends don’t have it all but they were happy and content in spite of it. What money can ever buy that?

. We find joyful moments in the simplest things in life. With pure love come peace, joy and laughter, not as though there are no cares in this life but there is life to be grateful for.

. Love shakes your comfy place. It demands more than words, goes beyond impressive gifts and sweet nothings.

It takes a big heart to choose love and keep choosing it even in places it has been bruised.
I could go on and on but I can’t wrap my head around it because indescribable.

He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.  1 John 4:8


We literally can’t tell everyone on our way “Hey, I love you”. But we can show love through our sweet smile, our forgiveness, our everyday compassion, through daily grace we offer to others, etc.

I desire my pen offerings would offer a song of hope to the person who needs it the most, courage to the faint hearted and most of all love just as Jesus would have me do.

By the way, it’s Valentine; in what way can you offer love, courage or the slightest hope to your neighbour?

Have a Splendid Val’s Day.


1 comment:

Bunor Obiomah-Grillo said...

I love your post. Truly, real love exists if only we can just take a moment to recognize it and embrace it above all other things.

...With Every Click Online, You Make Money Not For Yourself But For?

This is a lovely piece from Professor Isa and i find it very interesting and eye opening. Read below; "My Dear Nigerian Youths&qu...