Tuesday 6 October 2015

Confused!!! Is He the One?

Dear Princess Uvbi, It all started when one morning, a close friend of mine, a sister and colleague told me about her cousin. She said ''Oh i need a good woman for my cousin, my cousin has suffered too much and he really needs a woman in his life''. In my mind i was like, okay enter the street now and place advertisement not knowing she was indirectly trying to get my reaction- she wanted me to concur and say ''introduce me now''. Well after some days of her going back and forth about how her cousin needs a woman and so on, she finally asked me. I accepted and gave her permission to give him my contact details.

Now the story begins. He got in touch with me and from day one, we clicked. There was something about him that my spirit accepted and i guess he felt the same for me. We started talking like we have known each other for ages. His likes are my likes, and so with his hates. Now i don't know, should i date him or still give us time to know each other as friends?

My response
You can never know  until you try. I say follow your heart. It can never mislead you. From my experience, for you to know if he is Mr Right to date, answer these questions; Does he respect your opinion or try to make you feel that your opinion are not valid? How well does he try to make you happy? How are you around him, are you free or you have to behave a certain way to please him? Let me explain one at a time;


Respecting your opinion: A man who truly love you will trust you and in return will always ask for your opinion on certain issues before he takes them. Now not all the time will your advice be taken but for the fact that he considered what you said shows that he sees you as an intelligent, smart and wise woman and not just a beautiful woman without brains. If you find someone like this, you need to keep him.

Investing in your happiness: I have come to know from experience that expecting a man to make you happy is like a dead end, you have to create your own happiness.But having a man around you, who offers support when you are down, a man who you can run to and be rest assured that he will put a smile on your face after a stressful day at work is a plus. You definitely need to keep this man.
Note: This can also be applied to a woman too. If your happiness is important to her, then you need to put a ring on it

You can be ''YOU'' when you are around him: This is not negotiable at all. I believe the first step to know if you can date a person is to see if you can be yourself around that person and not be judged based on that. If that person can still love you when you are at your worst, then its real. My friend who is a man once told me that he was never himself around his ex-girlfriend because everything he does, she sees it as been local. Don't fake it, if you cant be yourself around this person, then don't go into it.

Finally, if its not ordained by God it will never work. Commit it to God and let Him lead you right.








1 comment:

Unknown said...

with God one can achieve anything. Dont get carried away by physical things, look inward.

...With Every Click Online, You Make Money Not For Yourself But For?

This is a lovely piece from Professor Isa and i find it very interesting and eye opening. Read below; "My Dear Nigerian Youths&qu...