Friday 18 September 2015

AS Genotype Dilemma

I’m in love with this guy. We’ve been dating for a year now. I am 28 and he is 31. He hasn’t proposed yet but he is someone I really wish to spend the rest of my life with and we love each other so much.
In the 10th month of our relationship, we discovered that we are both of the AS Genotype.
He was the one who discovered it and we decided to end the relationship but it couldn’t work. We parted ways for some weeks and came back again because we couldn’t do without each other. Right now, I am still in the relationship with him.
I love this guy so much, what should I do?


This is a message someone sent and to be sincere, i know how traumatizing it can be. It is a situation in which no one can understand the pain but you. A confusing situation that demands help and at this moment, no one can help you. Not even the advice you get from people saying "leave him" "are you a fool'' ''what is love?'' is sufficient. I truly understand. So i will simply ask you to go to a quiet place and ask your self these questions;



- How much faith in God do i possess?
- If i give birth to an SS child, will the pain i feel now be compared to the pain i see in my innocent child eyes?
-The love we have now, can it stand the test of time when thing become rough?

When you successfully answer these questions, then its time to make a decision, should i STAY or LET GO. As a strong believer in God, i know He can do the impossible. Having Faith in God means you are letting Him take charge because you trust Him. I have heard great testimonies of people who were both AS genotype and still went ahead to get married believing God to change the situation, and at the end He did. I have also heard of people letting Love lead them and at the end giving birth to SS kids. God definitely cannot be mocked. Ask Him to lead you into making the right decision.

It is possible to get married and not have an SS child, because i heard the chances of having one is one in 4 kids. It is also possible to get married and decide to adopt or go for IVF (thanks to medical advancement) . At the end of the day, we are all responsible for our decision. I pray we make the right decision.
If you have any suggestion contrary to mine, please let me know.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nothing God cannot do. Let them go ahead with it. It is very hard to find couple in Love. All will be well

...With Every Click Online, You Make Money Not For Yourself But For?

This is a lovely piece from Professor Isa and i find it very interesting and eye opening. Read below; "My Dear Nigerian Youths&qu...