Friday 18 September 2015

5 Ways To Live a Happy Life

For so many years i believed i needed someone to make me happy. This so grew up in me, that i became dependent on other people for my happiness. Until one day a friend made me realize how no one can make me happy except me. So i changed my orientation of happiness and this is what i did. Here are ways you can make yourself happy no matter the pain, heart break and disappointment you are going through.

Practice Gratitude: Research has shown that people who practice gratitude are less depressed and stressed. Be grateful that you are alive. Be grateful that you have the opportunity to turn around that situation. Be grateful no matter what because that situation or pain you think you are now, may not even be compare to what someone else is going through. Find gratitude in the smallest of things, in a meal, a book, music, life, clothes you put on, your job etc.



- Smile: You can never go wrong with a smile. Research has shown that smiling will make you feel happier even when you are not intentionally smiling. Don't let that pain steal your smile, it does not only make you happier, but also makes you younger.


- Accept Your Mistakes: People always get it wrong by thinking they are perfect. Sorry, no one is perfect . We are all perfectly imperfect and it is natural to make mistakes. Rather than run from it, embrace it and move on. By embracing your mistakes, you will be able to forgive yourself and anyone who has offended you.

- Have an Optimistic Attitude: It is so easy to accept negative thoughts when we are sad or depressed. In order to stay happy, you need to let go of any negative though and react to that issue with confidence that it will be well. When in doubt, just look on the bright side and smile.


- Try New Things- Recently, i discovered how unhappy i have been. And this even affected my presentation. So i decided to try out new things. I am not the outgoing type, so i told myself that once in a week, i will take myself out to a nice restaurant and just have fun. This has really helped me a lot. Don't be afraid top push your boundaries and try out new things.By going beyond your comfort zone, you might actually surprise yourself and exceed your expectations.

Well, there are lots of tips online that can help you stay happy, but the ones listed above are what i practiced and it worked for me. So try it out and stay happy. Things will get better.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy girl. Preach on Uvbi

...With Every Click Online, You Make Money Not For Yourself But For?

This is a lovely piece from Professor Isa and i find it very interesting and eye opening. Read below; "My Dear Nigerian Youths&qu...